Wednesday, April 22, 2020
Resumption for 3rd term academic activities
We thank God Almighty for protecting you and your family, especially at this time the world is facing a great war with coronavirus. What has taken humanity by surprise has affected our planned long-holiday programme for Jss 3 and Ss3 Students as touching their external examinations. As it is now, there is no date insight for the resumption due to the continuous Spread of the coronavirus. Should the lockdown continue on the date we were to resume for 3rd term academic activities (27th April 2020), we shall arrange to interact with the PTA as to commence classes on our online platform.
However, when the lockdown is lifted and school resumption date announce by the govt, we will be implementing a number of measures as part of a comprehensive plan aimed at ensuring our school remains a safe place for our students/pupils/staff/parents.
Meanwhile, we have put in place the following safety and sanitary measures against resumption
(1) Running water taps
(2) Fumigated the classrooms and the entire premises
(3) Stock-up hand sanitizers
(4) Washed the overhead tanks for the borehold water.
(5) Our school was among the schools in Akwa Ibom State The world health organization (WHO) came last year (2019) and treated the water. It was recorded that the borehold treatment will last for 5 years. Their label and instructions are on our water tanks
(6) We bought infrared thermometers for testing of all ward/staff on resumption
(7) There will be hold and secure drill measure when classes commence. This system requires the classroom to close their doors and the wards will continue with intensive learning with their teachers.
Please take time to pass these safety procedures to your ward and re-emphases its importance. We look forward to resumption and safe – return of our Pupils/Students back to school in Jesus name. Stay Safe.
Rev Angela Bassey
Head of Schools